With a few cups of water and rosemary oil you can make a vegetable dye to darken the hair without using chemicals and prevent white hair from appearing
The desire of all women is to have beautiful, long, shiny and healthy hair , which has not suffered from the passage of time. They want to eliminate the fearsome gray hair and that the dark color of their hair remains as long as possible. In fact, it has been mentioned that making rosemary dye is an excellent option to achieve this.
There has been a lot of talk about the many benefits that rosemary gives to hair, from stimulating its growth, helping it rejuvenate and even making it stay dark. In fact, this vegetable can be used to make rosemary dye and darken hair.
While it is true that there is still no scientific evidence that rosemary acts on hair pigmentation, what is a fact is that its popular use guarantees it and it has been shared generation by generation. So it doesn’t hurt to try it.
- 3 cups of water
- ½ cup rosemary
- ⅓ cup of sage
- Rosemary essential oil
How to do it
- Add water to a pot along with the rosemary and sage.
- Heat over low heat until boiling
- Add 5 drops of essential oil
- Mix so that it is well dissolved and let it sit for half an hour.
- Strain the liquid.
- Pour into a spray bottle with a sprig of rosemary and when it is at room temperature it is time to use it.
How to apply it
- Spray rosemary vegetable dye all over hair from medium to ends
- Let it act overnight with a shower cap on top.
- The next morning, rinse with plenty of water and use a shampoo for dark brown hair (or the color of your hair).
- Apply a conditioner from the same line from middles to ends.
- Do a final cold water rinse and air dry.
One of the things you should keep in mind is that you can use this rosemary dye once a week or every other day, it is best to do a test first to rule out any allergies. Ideally, you should apply it overnight and, during all this treatment time, do not use heat tools or expose yourself a lot to the sun. If you need it, try to use the dryer with cold air.
It is very important to note that being vegetable, this dye is perishable and has a shelf life of 5 days. Prepare only the amount that you will need so that you do not waste anything, because once this period of time has elapsed you will have to prepare more dye.